Life may bring a multitude of surprises, smiles and frowns. These repetitive facial expressions and muscle contractions lead to noticeable lines due to collagen and elastin breakdown within the skin. Don’t worry, you’re not alone!
At Studio 17 Cosmetics & Wellness, we work with Xeomin® to correct, prevent and restore a naturally youthful look!
- Forehead Lines & Wrinkles
- Crow’s Feet
- Bunny Lines: Treat the lines above the nose that wrinkles when you smile! Bunnies are cute, but we don’t need to look like one!
- Gummy Smile & Lip Flip
- Masseter Muscle
- Hyperhidrosis or Excessive Sweating
- Neck Lines & Turkey Neck: MicroTOX® technique (for best results, we also recommend combined treatment with Ultherapy®!) Multiple options are available for the treatment and management of the loose skin around the neck! This very difficult-to-treat area can be restored by using a combination of injectables like Botox Cosmetic®, Ultherapy®, Microneedling, and LED LightStim.
Before and After
- What is XEOMIN?•XEOMIN (Zeo-min) is a botulinum toxin type A that was approved on July 20, 2011 by the United States (U.S.) Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to temporarily improve the look of moderate to severe frown lines between the eyebrows (glabellar lines) in adults.•The FDA approval of XEOMIN is based on the results of two pivotal U.S. clinical trials, which involved 16 investigational sites and included 547 healthy adult patients. In both studies, XEOMIN significantly improved the appearance of glabellar lines 30 days after the first injection, when compared to placebo.
Botox® Cosmetic vs Xeomin
The same ingredients in Botox are used in Xeomin, though Xeomin is somewhat of a purer form of the toxin. Xeomin has no additives, just botulinum toxin type A. This may mean that there is less risk of developing antibodies against Xeomin than other available neurotoxins. The body develops antibodies in response to a foreign invader and attacks. In theory, antibodies could prevent a neurotoxin from having its desired effects. The effects of Xeomin occur within one week, and the results last from three to six months, making it comparable to Botox in terms of both onset and duration of action.